Gamification is the broad term to describe the art of applying gaming principles and psychology to business processes.
Specific to workplace and facilities management would be using gamification to incentivise responses from end users reporting the condition of the facilities they use, service staff reporting back on levels of job completion, or training schedules that trigger incentives for students based on their input.
We want to talk to you if you are:
- Using incentive/reward schemes for your employees that involve interaction with apps, smartphones etc. (Whether you are a service provider working for a client and doing so for your team, or you are an in-house FM doing so for your own team);
- Using such incentive/reward schemes to galvanise remote working teams (maintenance teams, etc.);
- Deploying ‘service status’ tech to allow end users the ability to report on the state of the facilities they use (washrooms, etc.); and
- Thinking about introducing any of the above but have not yet.
We are contemplating:
- How can FM workflows benefit?
- What impact do such schemes/tech have on productivity, service speed and team cohesion?
- What does or does not work as expected?
- What kind of gamified system would you like to see introduced?
Share your experiences with us at [email protected] with GAMIFICATION in the subject line.