The second episode of the IWFM’s new fortnightly webinar series, ‘Navigating turbulent times’, was recorded on 22 April, with attendees hearing an expert panel answer questions submitted by members.
‘Navigating Turbulent Times’ sees expert guests delve into the global economy’s greatest challenges and tackle members’ questions and concerns, helping to guide our profession through these stormy waters.
This episode’s panel answered questions on key topics around the Covid-19 pandemic. You can listen to it here.
Among the topics discussed were:
• How FM businesses should engage and interact with employees and clients;
• What the future workplace will look like as organisations adapt to new working practices; and
• Managing buildings currently closed or in partial use, and getting them ready for reactivation.
Panellists agreed that while the Covid-19 pandemic presents major and unprecedented challenges, it also offers a game-changing opportunity to highlight the profession’s value and play a central role in providing clean, safe, flexible and agile workplaces adapted to the needs of both individuals and businesses.
Dialling into the panel discussion with IWFM’s director of insight and engagement Chris Moriarty were:
• Simone Fenton-Jarvis: workplace services consultancy director, Ricoh
• Jean Hewitt: inclusive design consultant, Buro Happold
• Andrew Hulbert: founder and managing director, Pareto FM
• Steve Tomkins: head of business development SFG20, BESA
Episode three – Tales of the Frontline – will take place on Wednesday, 6 May, when the discussion will involve members of the profession speaking about their experiences during the Covid-19 pandemic. Details will be published soon on the IWFM events page.
The IWFM also has a coronavirus resources web page to help guide, inform and support workplace and facilities management professionals during the pandemic. Please click here to take a look.