Open-access content 12th December 2012
12 December 2012
December can be a strangely funny time in the world of FM and when I looked at my email inbox a couple of weeks ago I thought I could easily have turned it into a letter to Santa so here goes .
Please can you consider the following presents for us but could we also have some of them delivered before Christmas Eve?
1. First things first, we would like a Christmas Tree outside the Town Hall and if possible one that is vandal proof and will still look good after 2 weeks exposed to the elements.
2. The weather has started to freeze and so we would be grateful for a large supply of salt and grit in the right places please
3. Given that it is so cold, we would be really grateful for a large supply of every type of boiler and other heating spare that we may need so that we can ensure that we can keep everyone warm, especially those that are more vulnerable than others.
4. Given we are still open for 2 days between Christmas and New Year, we would be grateful for some straws so that we can ask the team to draw on them to ensure we will have all the FM cover that we will need over the Christmas break
5. Some extra cleaning consumables including hoover bags for cleaning up after all the impromptu Christmas buffet lunches that take place in the breakout areas in the offices please
6. Can we have no unforeseen emergencies on Christmas eve
7. Could you ask the elves not to allow their pet gremlins into our lighting system like they did a couple of years ago that meant most of the lights in our offices didn't automatically switch off as they should have over the festive season? Their cooperation would be appreciated
8. And finally - some Christmas cheer and good will to all including our appreciation for FM stars everywhere who work so had to support their respective businesses .
Head of Property & HR Shared Services - London borough of Ealing
Comment on this blog