Livery company the Worshipful Company of Pattenmakers is looking for the next winner of its annual Young Manager Award.
The award is open to managers aged 21-32 working in the FM sector, and there is no cost to enter. The closing deadline is 16 October 2020.
The Pattenmakers is one of the historic Livery Companies of the City of London, its origins dating back to the 14th century. In recent years the company has become the Livery home of the facilities management industry.
The winner of the Pattenmaker Young Manager Award receives expert support to create a varied and bespoke personal development programme, including off-site courses and a programme of customised work placements "designed to broaden their perspective". The training programme will be developed in consultation with the winner’s line manager or employer. Asmall financial bursary is also donated by learning provider International Workplace.
Recent winners have included young facilities managers from CBRE, Hermes, the British Computer Society (now BCS), and ISS Facility Services.
The Award is customarily presented to the winner by the Lord Mayor of London at the Pattenmakers’ Annual Banquet held at the Mansion House in January each year (though in the current circumstances this will be subject to confirmation). The winner will also receive the Freedom of the Company, with the opportunity to apply for the Freedom of the City of London at a later stage.
This award represents an opportunity to encourage the development of enthusiastic and deserving young people within FM. Employers may nominate more than one young manager from their organisation.
Judges are looking for a young manager who:
- is enthusiastic about a career in FM or the built environment;
- can demonstrate their commitment to their own personal development;
- has potential for future promotion to a senior role;
- has a high standard of professional ethics;
- has or has had managerial responsibility (people, facilities or other resources);
- can demonstrate initiative;
- displays leadership behaviours inside and outside of the workplace;
- is aged 21-32; and
- has the support of their director (or equivalent).
All information needed to enter, including a link to the online entry form, is available here.