Novus Property Solutions has been awarded a three-year contract by Leeds City Council to deliver essential maintenance works to social housing properties.
Novus will carry out internal and external remedial works, valued at up to £25,000, to Leeds City Council’s housing stock. The work is due to begin in October 2021.
The contractor will carry out repair works including damp treatment, external environmental works, repairing properties affected by wet or dry rot, and other general refurbishment.
Novus has also committed to several social value initiatives, including:
- Completing 100 volunteering hours;
- Donating to local charities;
- Appointing an apprentice from the area;
- Using local labour and focusing on the long-term unemployed;
- Delivering talks and workshops at schools and colleges; and
- Providing student work experience placements and career mentoring for the unemployed.
David Taylor, operations manager at Novus, said: “We look forward to successfully delivering both vital maintenance works and social value, as well as building a positive working relationship with Leeds City Council.”
Image credit | Novus Property Solutions