The International Facility Management Association (IFMA) has created a research advisory committee.
The aim of the international panel of multidisciplinary experts is to "improve both people's wellbeing and the future sustainability of buildings". It consists of academic and business-based researchers in the spheres of human experience and engagement, human-machine interfaces, FM, real estate, and sustainability. Their work will help inform IFMA's future research agenda.
Jeffrey Saunders, IFMA’s director of research, explained: “The FM industry faces several inflection points induced by the sudden shift toward hybrid ways of working, ongoing sustainability challenges, rapidly digitising operations and the adoption of circular approaches to building management. As a result, the industry needs to transform. We need a globally oriented and multidisciplinary team of advisers to help IFMA set a future-oriented research agenda.”
The committee’s members are:
- Ryan Anderson, vice-president, global research and insights, MillerKnoll ;
- Colleen Conklin, client relations executive and former director of research with Sodexo Global Corporate Services;
- Duygu Erten, director, IKLIMER, Climate Research Center, member of LEED International Committee and advisory committee of WGBC;
- Dr Moacyr Eduardo Alves da Graça, professor at the Escola Politécnica da USP in Brazil;
- Dr Joseph Lai of Hong Kong Polytechnic University;
- Kathy Michell, associate professor and deputy dean at the Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment at the University of Cape Town, editorial board member of the Journal of Facilities Management
- Dr Mark Mobach, chair of FM at the Hanze University of Groningen, and chair of Spatial Environment and User at The Hague University;
- Thomas Nørmark, global head of AI and Robotics, NTT Data, member of the board of advisers at AI Innovation House;
- Professor Andreas Pfnür, FRICS, chair of real estate business administration and construction management at the Department of Law and Economics of the Technische Universität Darmstadt, and member of the boards of directors of the German Real Estate Institute;
- Peggie Rothe, chief insights and research officer at Leesman Index;
- Nancy Sanquist, author and member of the IFMA Foundation Board of Trustees; and
- Pa Sinyan, managing partner at Gallup Europe.
Image credit | iStock