Last updated: 31 March 2017
First published: 30 March 2017
| Herpreet Kaur Grewal
Loughborough University has topped a list of universities for its facilities in the 2017 Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey.
This Times Higher Education survey is based on the responses of more than 15,000 undergraduates rating their university across 21 measures.
Participants in the survey were asked to provide a rating between "strongly agree" and "strongly disagree" as to whether their university has:
- High-quality facilities
- Centralised / convenient facilities
- Cheap shop / bar / amenities
- Good library and library opening hours
- Good sports facilities
Loughborough was given a university facilities "composite" score of 89.3, considerably higher than the rest of the top 10.
Loughborough student Luke Starr said that the university's reputation for its sporting facilities should not overshadow the students' union and all the opportunities that it provides: "A lot of students agree that the SU really is the beating heart of life here, and it certainly wouldn't be the same without it."
1. Loughborough University - 89.3
2. Queen's University Belfast - 84.8
3. University of Leeds - 84.6
4. University of Sheffield - 84.5
5. University of Dundee - 84.2
6. Harper Adams University - 84.2
7. University of Surrey - 84.1
8. Edge Hill University - 83.9
9. Lancaster University - 82.8
10. Northumbria University - 82.0