Mechanical and electrical services specialist JS Wright has won a £4 million contract from residential property partner Galliard Homes to fit out all 379 apartments at The Timber Yard in Birmingham's Chinatown.
The mixed-use scheme on Pershore Street will comprise two 14-storey residential buildings with a mix of studio, one, two and three-bedroom apartments, along with 10,000 square feet of ground-floor commercial space.
The Timber Yard, so named for its timber and plywood works history, is a joint venture between Galliard and Apsley House Capital.
JS Wright has been tasked with:
- Fitting out the apartments with direct electric hot water cylinders for thermostatically controlled and pressurised hot and cold water;
- Installing a boosted cold-water plant room with distribution pipework to all plots on the development;
- Fitting all sanitaryware, an internal rainwater system, and pipework for above-ground drainage management;
- Installing a mechanical ventilation heat recovery system to provide continuous ventilation to the apartments;
- Installing sprinklers in apartments and dry risers in communal areas for fire protection; and
- Installing a computerised BMS for controlling and monitoring building services.
Work on the two-year project begins in October and is scheduled for completion in October 2021.
J S Wright is already working with Galliard Homes to convert a former Honda dealership in Southall into a new residential neighbourhood, and has provided engineering infrastructure systems at a new high-rise development at Harbour Central in London's Docklands.