03 December 2019 | Prithvi Pandya
The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) announced the winners of the CIBSE Society of Digital Engineering Awards 2019 last week (26 November) at London's Olympia.
BuroHappold Engineering was the night's big winner, taking three awards from the total of eight categories. These were:
- Best Process and Application;
- Best Innovation; and
- Best Consultancy.
The judges said BuroHappold had developed "excellent technical solutions". What impressed them most, however, was the consultant's "truly collaborative approach to developing their impressive toolsets and processes internally" and "for having clearly embraced the spirit of openness and sharing that is so central to the emerging culture around working digitally".
The other winners were:
- Best Project/Collaboration Small - Arcadis/London Underground
- Best Project/Collaboration Large - Ramboll/JG Ingeniero
- Best Contractor - SES Engineering Services
- Best Manufacturer - Schindler
- Best Digital Engineer - Jagannatha Reddy of Arcadis
The CIBSE Society of Digital Engineering was formed to provide a forum for those pioneering the digitalisation of the built environment. Its members include designers, contractors, manufacturers, clients, facility managers and software vendors.