9 October 2015 | Herpreet Grewal
Keynsham Civic Centre in Somerset landed the top accolade at the British Council of Offices Annual National Awards this week.
At the awards dinner in London, judges singled out Keynsham Civic Centre & One Stop Shop as the 'best of the best' in recognition of the building's provision of an environmentally sustainable, low-maintenance and flexible workspace that was helping to promote the regeneration of the town, near Bath.
It won the best corporate workplace award, and topped a list of six other award-winners recognised for excellence in office space.
Fit-out and refurbishment specialist Overbury won the award for best fit-out of a workplace. Its work for PwC was recognised by an independent panel of industry professionals.
Overbury worked alongside architects BDP and AECOM to refurbish 32,000 square feet of office space on the fourth floor of Atira One on Morrison Street, Edinburgh. The fit-out comprised a large-open plan area to accommodate more than 400 staff, as well as the creation of meeting rooms, collaborative spaces and a dedicated staff area.
The completed workspace was praised by the BCO for the in-depth involvement of PwC staff to create a transformational new space.
The full list of this year's winners:
- Commercial Workplace: One St Peter's Square, Manchester
- 'Best of the Best' & Corporate Workplace: Keynsham Civic Centre and One Stop Shop, Market Walk, Keynsham
- Fit Out of Workplace: PwC Edinburgh, Atria One, 144 Morrison Street, Edinburgh
- Project up to 2,000 sq m: The Albus, 110 Brock Street, Glasgow
- Refurbished/Recycled Workplace: 1 & 2 Stephen Street, London
- Innovation: Living Planet Centre, WWF-UK Headquarters, Rufford House, Brewery Road, Woking
- Test of Time: The Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London
For more information about the awards and the winners this year visit the BCO website.