Voting on the BIFM name change, as well as important dates.
05 May 2018 | FM World team
How to vote
1. Only current members can vote. This means those holding an active paid-up membership who are Member grade or above.
2. Members can vote online between 30th May and 29th June on the resolutions, including the name change and nominated new non-executive directors. Voting codes and reminders will be sent to members by email.
3. Members can proxy the Chair to vote for them online.
4. Members can vote in person at the BIFM's Annual General Meeting (in Manchester on 5th July using a hand-held device.
5. Members can ask another person to attend the AGM to vote on their behalf (we will cross-check at registration to eliminate the risk of double-voting).
6. The result will be announced at the AGM on 5th July. The motion will be passed if 75% of those who vote support it.
Campaign events diary
To ensure that everyone has their say, BIFM is continuing to consult through the following forthcoming events:
BIFM Manifesto for Change Webinar
BIFM Chairman Stephen Roots and Director of Insight Chris Moriarty are talking about the proposals to change the name and go for chartered body status, answering questions. Available for download thereafter.
Workplace Matters Podcast, a BIFM Special
A BIFM panel including Chair Stephen Roots and CEO Linda Hausmanis, Chris Moriarty and 3edges' Ian Ellison answering members' questions about workplace and the BIFM's manifesto for Change, with journalist Simon Iatrou chairing. Send your questions by 8th May to [email protected], then download the podcast to listen from 4th June.
Facilities Show seminar
Transitioning to a more business relevant FM, Chris Moriarty will assess that opportunity, exploring the steps required to take full advantage, the skills and insight the profession requires moving forward and the tools available to help. Come along and put questions to Chris.
For more event details, or to ask your own questions about the manifesto for change, email [email protected]